Clearing out browser tabs again...
- Sperm whales hunting squid!
- A Flash developer talking about why he reckons Flash can't work well on iPhone-type devices.
- Artificial Flight and other myths -- a reasoned explanation by Top Birds of why artificial flight would be impossible.
- A Lego robot that can solve a Rubik's Cube in under 12 seconds.
- Maths, neurons, & hallucinations.
Last night featured awesome CULINARY SCIENCE from marnameow & dogrando, in the form of a 12-course molecular gastronomy style dinner. Both food & company were excellent. I should do a proper writeup, but I am tired, so instead I will just mention the undoubted technical highlight: inside-out potato salad, which consisted of cubes of olive oil and chives (a potato-ish texture obtained by use of gellan), with potato foam, and a chive garnish. The blue cheese icecream was also pretty nifty.